Sunday, February 17, 2008

Alone


As time progresses, we make new acquaintances and forget the old. Why is this the way of life? What makes the heart cling to some memories - memories, bitter and sweet. Imagine running as fast as you can to keep up with the present. As I sail forward, memories and dreams steady the raft that is my life. As I rely even more on my memories, I realize with dismay that I have forgotten how to steer. Now, as the raft sails into the unknown, I sense an overwhelming need to learn to face the unknown eventuality. Surprisingly, my memories guide me through this unbounded and vast expanse, and I feel drawn to a light. Alarmingly, I arrive just where I started. Why am I unable to break free?

"Waiting is painful.
Forgetting is painful.
But not knowing which to do ...
... is the most painful of them all."

No comments: